I developed this definition starting from BallCluster.ghx (one of Kangaroo’s example files),
what I did is variable radius and variable repulsion forces(based on the variable radius).
I saw some Visual Basic components that does similar work but since I first tried Kangaroo
I wanted to build a simulation of circle packing (something that looks like based on physical principle rather that algorithms math)
- The simulation make it a bit bouncing,(that is a bit annoying, any idea?):
- In terms of packing efficiency it does not give extremely reliable result
(often there are various gap between the circles), as the efficiency vary
related to the initial position of the circles;
- It works well with a maximum of 23-25 circles.(anyone has idea to improve this)
- It wont be difficult to transform it in 3D Cluster of balls of different diameters;
- It wont be difficult to add constrains in terms of fixed radius and centers of circles;
If you develop this definition further please leave a comments with a link to your developments
Oct 4th at 3:52pm
Please do not reproduce without the expressed written consent of Riccardo Bovo.